Preparing Your Home for Photography
To ensure that your photo shoot runs as efficiently as possible and your photo results are their best, we've prepared this tip sheet to help you prepare. You can download a PDF version to give to your client.
- Remove all vehicles from driveways and do not park directly in front of the house.
- Move garbage and recycling bins out of sight.
- Remove all garden tools including hoses and sprinklers.
- Mow and rake yard.
- Sweep driveways, sidewalks, and patios.
- Turn on all interior lights including supplementary lamps. Make sure all lightbulbs are working.
- De-clutter rooms which may be excessively furnished.
- Tuck away children’s toys, highchairs, etc. if you don’t want them in the photos.
- Turn ceiling fans and televisions off.
- Tuck away noticeable electrical cords.
- Make all beds and tidy up. Clothes should be hung or folded and put away.
KitchenS AND BATHROOMS
- Tuck trash cans out of view in a closet or cupboard.
- Clear off counter tops
- Clear all dirty dishes from the sink
- Remove photos, notes, and papers from the refrigerator.
- Clear off counter tops.
- Fold/hang bathroom towels neatly or remove them entirely from the bathroom.
- Remove bathmats.
- Close all toilet seat lids.
- Contain pets in the garage or out of sight.
- Remove evidence of pets when possible by hiding beds, litter boxes, toys, etc.
If there are special features of the home, building, or neighborhood that you want included, please let us know. We will not photograph garages, crawl spaces, attics, storage rooms, closets, and neighborhood/building amenities unless specifically asked for by seller or agent.